We work to fill the cracks and build the infrastructure that helps feed our hungry neighbors. Our efforts are part of a collaborative community effort with a great group of caring partners.
In 2017 – 2020 we have:
- Donated $3,000 to Project Help Your Neighbor 2020, in light of so many who are unemployed due to the pandemic. Provides residents with meal vouchers from local restaurants.
- Volunteer at the Helping Hands Food Pantry in Gardiner to separate and distribute food.
- Assist NPUT, New Paltz Middle School and New Paltz PTA to collect and distribute food to residents as they face unemployment due to the COVID pandemic.
- Donate $6,000 to New Paltz Reformed Church for appliances and construction of Certified Kitchen for use by UlsterCorps. Will be used for meal distribution point.
- Provide reusable bags to food pantries in Gardiner, New Paltz, Rosendale and Rondout.
- Facilitate food recovery program between Mohonk Mountain House and Family of New Paltz.
- Funded the Summer Food Program, which feeds hungry New Paltz area children who miss out on school lunches during the summer months;
- Made substantial monetary donations to Family of New Paltz, Saint Joseph’s Food Pantry, and the Student Christian Center Food Pantry;
- Provided industrial transport carts to Gardiner’s Helping Hands Food Pantry;
- We helped with a total renovation of St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, with custom shelving/cabinets, a new restaurant grade freezer and refrigerator, and a much needed lighting upgrade;
- We are working to help St Josephs, the New Paltz Reformed Church, and The NP United Methodist Church become certified kitchens.
- Supplied local food pantries with reusable bags to replace plastic bags:
The needs are great, and to help our partners, we need help from you. Please contact us if you would like to join us or help with our efforts. And please make a donation today to help maintain our assistance year-round.