Local at Heart is dedicated to our mission of ending food insecurity in our community. In the past year, with your help we raised $4,500 at our 2017 holiday Cookie Walk fundraiser. With your help, we raised $15,000 at our 2017 Empty Bowls fundraiser. We’re hoping for another successful event this year — with your support, we all make a difference in someone’s life.
We work to fill the cracks and build the infrastructure that helps feed our hungry neighbors. Our efforts are part of a collaborative community effort with a great group of caring partners.
In 2017/2018 we have:
- Funded the Summer Food Program, which feeds hungry New Paltz area children who miss out on school lunches during the summer months;
- Made substantial monetary donations to Family of New Paltz, Saint Joseph’s Food Pantry, and the Student Christian Center Food Pantry;
- Provided industrial transport carts to Gardiner’s Helping Hands Food Pantry;
- We are in the mist of a total renovation of St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, with custom shelving/cabinets, a new restaurant grade freezer and refrigerator, and a much needed lighting upgrade;
- We are working to help St Josephs, the New Paltz Reformed Church, and The NP United Methodist Church become certified kitchens.
The needs are great, and to help our partners, we need help from you. Please contact us if you would like to join us or help with our efforts. And please make a donation today to help maintain our assistance year-round.